SumTotal 20.1 will deploy to staging February 28 – March 1, and will be in production March 20 – March 22. It's time to take a dive into the new features and enhancements coming in this release. A lot of the improvements will make things easier for administrators.
SumTotal is providing webinars on the updates this week. If you are a SumTotal Learn customer, you may want to attend the overview and core platform webinar on February 18 in addition to the Learn session on February 19. Some core platform improvements affect Learn administration.
Preparation is key to a successful update, so you will want to:
- Make sure your environments are ready for testing.
- Test your new features, and your business processes and security as necessary beginning February 28.
- Update your user admin and user materials.
Help for Administrators
Following on December's Treejack survey, we see a lot of enhancements and more coming for administrator workflow as the SumTotal team works on the survey feedback. Enhancements in 20.1 include:
- Targeted help files for administrators.
- New processes for managing Custom Help files.
- Custom contextual leaderboards limited to gamification users for specific audiences.
- New login security features.
- Over 50 API enhancements and a new GitHub organization to share API code samples and examples.
- A new High-Speed Data Extract Tool.
Learn updates include:
- Activity management workflows
- PES integration changes that streamline and automate administrative tasks.
- New optional fields for domain properties.
- New audience rules based on organization and domain fields.
- E-signature enhancements to include a reason for confirming signatures.
- Enhancements in the mobile app, including access to LinkedIn Learning and edX courses.
We encourage you to jump into your staging environment right away to see how you can use all these enhancements and more to streamline your administration and your users' experience.
Our team will present an online session on Wednesday, February 26 at 1:00 p.m. CDT to answer your questions about SumTotal 20.1. Register for the session, or sign up and get a link to the recording.
Pixentia is a full-service technology company dedicated to helping clients solve business problems, improve the capability of their people, and achieve better results.